Valkyria Revolution Western Release Date Announced
28/03/2017 Leave a comment
SEGA have announced that Valkyria Revolution, the latest entry into the Valkyria franchise, will be released on to the Xbox One and PS4 from the 30th June 2017 within the UK and Europe while an American release of the game will be made available on the 27th June 2017.
In addition to the release date announcement SEGA have revealed that those pre-ordering the physical version on either formats within Europe will receive a 12-track soundtrack selection by the renowned Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow). As you’d expect this will be a ‘limited print run’ item and will come accompanied with all pre-orders on either platform.
Synopsis: Valkyria Revolution takes place in the wake of a revolution, Jutland’s elite soldiers, the Vanargand, must band together to defeat the Ruzi Empire and stop death itself–the Valkyria. This grizzled anti-Valkyria squad is equipped with advanced mana weaponry and has the powerful ability to wield ragnite spells to combat this terrifying threat. The unit is comprised of soldiers who have a high affinity for ragnite, and even Jutland’s own Princess Ophelia has joined the ranks. The princess carries the utmost love for her country and has answered the call of duty to liberate those who are suffering from the Ruzi’s tyranny. However, Amleth Grønkjær, the commanding officer of Vanargand hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
- Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.
In any event Valkyria Revolution will be released on to the Xbox One and PS4 from the 30th June 2017 within the UK and Europe in both digital and physical forms.