Tokyo Xanadu To Be Released onto PS4 and PS Vita Later This Year
19/01/2017 Leave a comment
American publisher Aksys Games, and Japanese development studio Nihon Falcom, have today announced that Tokyo Xandu, and in turn it’s expanded variation Tokyo Xandu eX+, will be released onto PlayStation platforms later this year.
Tokyo Xandu will be released onto the PS Vita where as Tokyo Xandu eX+, which is an updated variation of the original PS Vita game, will be released onto the PS4 and Steam at around the same time frame.
Synopsis: 10 years ago, a colossal earthquake devastated Tokyo and changed the lives of its inhabitants forever. The city has since been rebuilt and life has slowly returned to a semblance of normalcy. However, behind the veil of this newly rebuilt metropolis lies another world, one with a sinister secret. The earthquake that originally destroyed Tokyo was actually caused by the emergence of a mysterious and lethal shadow world known as Eclipse. Now, action must be taken to thwart the legions of Eclipse and ensure the protection of peace!
Tokyo Xandu Key Features:
- 40+ hours of Action RPG gameplay! Quest through Morimiya City and battle hordes of mind bending monsters!
- Navigate the alternate dimension of Eclipse. Each character possesses unique weapons and skills to battle the monstrosities within this strange realm. Unravel the secrets of Eclipse and vanquish evil from Morimiya!
Explore Your World Talk to characters, build relationships and forge alliances as you navigate the expansive cityscape of Morimiya City. Upgrade your equipment, play mini games and train in dungeons!
Tokyo Xandu eX+ Key Features:
- New Scenarios! Enjoy additional tales of the Wielders that weren’t depicted in the main story. Once you’ve completed the game, get access to an all new quest and carry on the adventure!
- New Playable Character! Play as the mysterious knight, White Shroud. Brandish unrivaled strength and the powers of light to take down vile monsters and vicious bosses!
- New Modes: “Time Attack” and “Boss Rush” In Time Attack, defeat various bosses that appear in the main story as quickly as possible. In Boss Rush mode, you can battle each boss one after the other.
- Tons of New Monsters, Dungeons and Bosses! New dungeons filled with fierce new monster types and giant bosses to battle!
Both Tokyo Xandu and Tokyo Xandu eX+ will be released within Europe and America; with retail variations of each platform (excluding steam) expected to be released – with American also being treated to some Limited Edition bundles.