Puyo Puyo Tetris To Be Released onto the PlayStation 4 & Nintendo Switch This Year
13/01/2017 Leave a comment
Distributor Deep Silver have today announced that SEGA’s Puyo Puyo Tetris game, which was originally released in Japan onto the Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita nearly two years ago, will be released within Europe for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch later this year.
Puyo Puyo Tetris combines two of the greatest puzzle games (Puyo Puyo and Tetris) in to a multiplayer-filled-adventure with it’s own story mode as well as an extensive selection of multiplayer gameplay modes. As part of the story, otherwise known as Adventure, players will follow the iconic figures of Puyo Puyo as a new friend in the form of Tetris arrives on their planet – here the two different races do battle amongst each other by using their own styles of enjoyment.
That’s right; as part of Puyo Puyo Tetris players will switch between playing Tetris to playing Puyo Puyo and vice versa – with the match ending when both game-types have been won. That’s not all as the traditional Puyo Puyo and Tetris gameplay rules are also included within the game.
- Adventure– Single-player mode offers ten unique acts, each with ten stages featuring different characters from the Puyo Puyo and Tetris universes. Each stage contains unique challenges players will need to overcome in order to win and move on.
- Multiplayer Arcade – For up to four local players, Multiplayer Arcade offers a wealth of game variants that will bring out players’ competitive nature!
– Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
– Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
– Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
– Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
– Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
- Online – Players can try their puzzle skills on a global scale by playing any of the multiplayer modes with up to four players online in Puzzle League or Free Play modes
– Puzzle League – Increase player rating, earn ranks and aspire to new leagues in this mode for competitive enthusiasts.
– Free Play – A more casual experience where records aren’t kept and players can customize matches with unique settings, and invite their friends to play.
– Replays – Players can save and upload any online matches to show off to their friends, or search other players’ replays using the tag and filtering system to see how they tackle matches.
- Solo Arcade – Play any of the Multiplayer Arcade modes against the CPU in Battle or Endurance matches, or try single-player challenges:
– Battle – Substitute human players with 1-3 CPU opponents to fight against simultaneously.
– Endurance – Go the distance in a one-on-one gauntlet of never-ending CPU opponents, racking up as many wins as possible.
- Challenge – Forget about the opponents and put skills to the test with Sprint, Marathon and more, like the quirky Tiny Puyo, which shrinks down Puyos to fit even more on the board.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will be released for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch at some point during 2017 with further details to be announced in the coming months. In the meantime you can check-out some Japanese gameplay of the PS Vita version below.