Valkyria Revolution To Receive a Western Release on PS4, XB1 and PS Vita
15/12/2016 Leave a comment
SEGA, in conjunction with Publisher Deep Silver, have announced that Valkyrie Revolution, a sequel of sorts to the ever popular Valkyrie Chronicles game, will be released onto the PS4, Xbox one and PS Vita next year.
Specifically Valkyrie Revolution will be released physically and digitally on the PS4 and Xbox One while the PS Vita will receive a digital release. As it explained in the press release Valkyria Revolution is set in an alternate timeline based on the European industrialization era and eschews the traditional turn-based strategy gameplay for a new hybrid of real-time combat and tactical strategy across battlefields.
Synopsis: All it takes is a single spark to start the inferno of war, and in the story of Valkyria Revolution, players will experience that firsthand. Five lifelong friends consumed by personal revenge plunge an entire continent into a terrible war, sacrificing the lives of countless innocents for a cause based on twisted half-truths and outright lies.
This “Circle of Five” use their combined influence in their political and military positions to motivate their small, economically blockaded homeland to rise up and become a powerful resistance against its imperialist oppressors. Will the Circle of Five be remembered as heroic liberators, or will their selfish motives expose them as traitorous conspirators who sacrificed untold lives just to carry out a personal vendetta? Players will watch this history unfold in Valkyria Revolution and find out the truth behind the events…
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, one of the last of the ancient and powerful Valkyrur, magical beings with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces and players will have to figure out how to defeat her.
- Prepare for LeGION – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics and finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players can upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new Gouache rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant soundtrack brought to life by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow)
Valkyria Revolution will be released physically and digitally onto the PS4 and Xbox One as well as digitally onto the PS Vita during Q2 2017. More details surrounding the release will be confirmed in due time.