The King of Fighters XIV Western Release Date Announced
19/05/2016 Leave a comment
The King of Fighters XIV, the latest instalment into the long-running arcade fighter franchise, will be released exclusively onto the PS4 in Europe on the 26th August 2016 with Deep Silver, the publisher behind games such as Saints Row IV, Homefront The Revolution and Mighty No.9, acting as the games publisher; as Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Koch Media, explains.
“We are looking forward to adding THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV to Deep Silver’s portfolio. Publishing the next instalment of such an iconic fighting series in Europe, the first time on PS4, supplements our roster of Deep Silver games nicely.”
The King of Fighters XIV, otherwise known as KOF XIV, will completely refine and expand the franchises fighting mechanics and allow players to experience the ‘next level’ of arcade-style combat. As part of this variation of the game the traditional 3-ON-3 Battle system returns with 50 playabale characters; 19 of which have been added in this version of the game.
As you would expect KOF XIV will feature the usual selection of offline gameplay modes, such as Arcade and Score Attack; but players will also be able to take the fight online with 6 players in Party Battles all of which will utilise new gameplay aspects such as Special EX Moves, an enahnced MAX Mode or connect moves together with the Climax Cancel option.
The arrival of King of Fighters XIV is sure to spark some ‘fighting passion’ into the anime and gaming community; and to celebrate its upcoming release Deep Silver have announced that an exclusive’Steelbook Edition’ of the game, which will also include a ‘CLASSIC KYO Kusanagi’ DLC costume, will be available with pre-orders opening soon on numerous website.
- 50 fighters battle it out in one of KOF’s biggest rosters! 31 returning fighters join the tournament with 19 additional new characters!
- Climax Cancels: KOF’s trademark special move mechanic has deeply evolved in KOF XIV. Now chain your special moves together to create ultra-destructive combos!
- Improved MAX Mode: MAX mode returns deadlier than ever! Unleash EX specials to enhance your attacks and execute even deadlier moves
- Party Battle Mode: Duke it out together with friends as 6 players in the online “Party Battle” mode! Fight alongside your friends in 3-on-3 versus battles and use the built-in chat features to cheer your team on!
- Enhanced Online Modes: Create a KOF XIV profile to easily join the action online and fight on the vastly improved netcode. Train with friends in the ‘Online Training’ mode, or spectate battles and capture replays to analyse fights frame-by-frame.
- A New KOF Saga: Set several years after the last KOF tournament, KOF XIV continues the tale in the robust single-player story mode. Turned into a worldwide business, individuals and companies partake in a new KOF tournament on a grand scale that could decide the fate of the world!
The King of Fighters XIV is currently scheduled for release on the 26th August 2016; but in the meantime you can check out the games latest gameplay trailer below.