Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- Announced for European Release
11/02/2016 Leave a comment
European distributor PQube have announced that they will be releasing Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-, which is of course an ‘extended’ version of the previously released Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- fighting game, into the UK and Europe for the PS3 and PS4 later this year.
Unlike Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, which published by Arc System Works themselves and released digitally onto the Playstation Network, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- will come in retail (disc-based) form and continued support through its launch window. What’s even more interesting is that the game will be released just weeks after it’s Japanese release and is currently on course for release on the 10th June 2016 within the UK.
For those unfamiliar Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- is a 2D sprite-based fighting with an unique character rosta and extensive fighting mechanics; it’s also a game which is often compared to BlazBlue in terms of complexity and visuals. This new version however will feature updated visuals, with new 3D character art designs, as well as selection of new characters; of course I could sit here all day and talk about the game; but instead i’ll just list of the games key features as attached to the original press release:
Game modes and Features
- New characters – A whopping 6 new characters join the fray in Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR, bringing the total to 23 characters, with 21 of them available right off the bat. The new characters include both new and returning faces.
- Incredible 3D Art – With a revolutionary visual style that allows the game to look and feel like a 2D fighter while getting all the benefits of 3D animation, Arc System Works’ award winning self-developed next gen cell shading technique creates arguably the most visually striking game ever made.
- Revolutionary animation – The ‘Limited 3D Animation’ system allows for gorgeous animation that appears as if in 2D while simultaneously consistent from all angles and dynamic camera work for more satisfying action.
- Simple Yet Deep – The Xrd series does away with the complicated gameplay system of old and returns to a simpler system with a focus on the Guilty Gear signature move, ‘Roman Cancel’, which unlocks an infinite number of strategies for gameplay, allowing players to creatively expand combos for maximum pain!
- Stylish Type – There will be a simplified control scheme available for new players called ‘Stylish Type’, that lets players do more complicated actions easily, allowing them to play and enjoy the strategies in the game without being hampered by inability to perform complicated inputs.
- Expanded Training Mode – Guilty Gear Xrd features the most involved practice mode in fighting games, teaching the players everything from basic movement and simple combos to detailed character matchup specific advice.
- Story Mode – The fully animated story mode focuses on the events following Ramlethal Valentine’s declaration of war on the world and the battle against the Conclave. The story mode is structured episodically like an anime and uses real-time 3D visuals!
- Rocking soundtrack – Guilty Gear’s iconic music returns with new and remastered tracks by Daisuke Ishiwatari.
- Improved Netplay – Adjustments have been made to create a better online battle mode experience. Players are able to search for matches online while doing other things, such as spending time training mode or playing the arcade mode.
- Network Lobby – The Network Lobby has been expanded! It is now a 3D space where you can move around as a customizable avatar and chat with fellow players, use emotes, change your outfits, fish for exciting rewards and challenge opponents on the arcade cabinets. Up to 64 players per room!
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- will be released onto the PS4 and PS3 on the 10th June 2016 and pre-orders are now currently being accepted on the Rice Digital Store.