Anime Limited Industry Panel Announcements at Manchester MCM Comic Con 2015
26/07/2015 3 Comments
The first panel at this years Manchester MCM Comic Con was non-other-than UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited and after a rather ‘detailed’ backstory about who they are and what they do (as well as some amusing “back-office” giggles from Andrew) a variety of new license announcements and release date information was revealed; all of which can be seen in our video of the panel.
Unlike the previous London MCM Comic Con Panel, which saw Anime Limited team-up with Viewster; this panel was solely Anime Limited titles and about what to expect from them in the future and it all started with confirmation that they had licensed Ping Pong: The Animation for a UK DVD and Blu-ray release in October this year – something which we reported on a few days ago.
Following this particular announcement Anime Limited went on to announce a partnership with SUNRISE, the studio who produce the ever-so-popular Gundam anime series, and as part of this partnership it will see Anime Limited releasing various Gundam titles onto DVD and Blu-ray within the UK. Jeremy and Andrew then went on to explain that the first gundam series to be released by them would be the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime on Blu-ray with each it featuring both English and Japanese audio. This particular release will be spread over two parts; with both parts expected for release towards the end of this year.
The third title announcement from Anime Limited was that they had licensed BECK: Mongolian Shop Squad for a UK DVD release in November; which is quite a surprising announcement considering its a relatively old series. BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad was previously released in the UK via Revelation Entertainment but only four (out of a possible six) volumes were released; so its great to see a UK distributor attempt to re-release it as a complete package – as its actually a pretty decent show.
The fourth and final announcement for Anime Limited’s panel was that Anime Limited will be releasing Blood Blockade Battlefront for a UK DVD and Blu-ray release in the near future; with the series itself currently available for streaming on Viewster.
Following on from the announcements Anime Limited went on to clarify their ‘potential’ Q4 2015 release schedule; and it looks something like this:
- Mobile Suit Gundam – Part 1 (Blu-ray)
- Ping Pong: The Animation (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Sword Art Online II – Part 2 (DVD & Blu-ray)
- BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (DVD)
- Fusé: Memoirs Of A Huntress (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Mobile Suit Gundam – Part 2 (Blu-ray)
- Samurai Flamenco Part 1 (Blu-ray – Subtitle only)
- Gundam Reconguista in G (DVD & Blu-ray – Subtitle only)
- Gankutsuo: The Count of Monte Cristo (Blu-ray – Steelbook Version)
- Sword Art Online II – Part 3 (DVD & Blu-ray)
- A Letter to Momo (DVD & Blu-ray)
- All of Full Metal Panic (DVD & Blu-ray)*
* Anime Limited pointed out that they are ‘hoping’ and ‘currently looking in to’ to do an Ultimate Edition set which combines all three series (Full Metal Panic, The Second Raid and FUMOFFU) into a single box.
So; thats what Anime Limited had to offer from their panel; there wasn’t much in quantity but it did have quality, especially from the Gundam aspect; so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future. Have any of these titles peeked your interest? Then let us know; but in the meantime you can check out our video of the panel below.